-->

Friday, June 09, 2006

poetry thursday prompt

Poetry Thursday's inspirational prompt this week is ''eavesdropping'' - something that goes hand in glove with people watching, something a lot of us do.

I rarely use the bus thesedays but I used to a lot - this is a fictional memory from long ago.


Wendy is getting wed again.

Ivy and Dorothy, their bobbing heads
this way and that, as they chat
Two little balls of grey-white fluff,
dandelion clocks, the end of time
delicate and perfect
I want to open the window
And watch their seeds blow
to the back of the bus…

Wendy is getting wed again
He is such a nice chap
He’s better than the last one
John has to mend her tap

It is dripping day and night
It keeps them all awake
We have to save the water now
It is such a lovely cake

The recipe was in the mag
It calls for too much egg
It did not need three of them
The doctor’s seen her leg

He is not as nice as Dr Fee
Caused her too much stress
She had to go up on the bus
She has chose a lovely dress...

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy Eliz said...

I read your comment on living with mister fleas... so I'm here.

I have yet to un-confuse myself about poetry - the different types and the 'proper' construction.
But then I think...if I read all the rules and regulations then I might stunt natural creativity. I think writing of all types is already too constricted.
Oh! I dont' know!!

Saturday, 10 June, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was a lovely poem. It was interesting and the words and subjects just flowed together.

Monday, 12 June, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

thank you, alexandra!

joy, poetry has many questions... no.1 - what is it?

yes construction is confusing. maybe i will post the question.

Thursday, 15 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home