-->

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

poetsday

The minutiae of Life & the two minute poem


1

if i come up too fast i'll only get the bends

here i am bottom-feeding
scouring the depths of my soul
no bathysphere to contain me
breathing pure oh-two


2

time travel is entirely possible

from an old photograph
the light in your eyes is
closer to me than any distance
could be from here to reality

if I would reach back now
and step into the frame
I could save you from mortality
and secure you in simplicity

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

hello. it's always nice to know someone out there is moved by your words... speaking of which, this is lovely:

"if I would reach back now
and step into the frame"

I have days like that.

Oh, and I saw some of your photographs. You've got one amazing eye.

Wednesday, 20 September, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

thanks, michelle! i really appreciate it.

Wednesday, 20 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home