-->

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

write words writing club prompt

Jo (Jodi) of the Write Words Writing Club has offered a prompt, the first line of a poem or perhaps a poem title; Life Dwells On The Tip Of A Teardrop.

It's an interesting prompt and, never wanting to miss an opportunity, I've flexed my literary muscles and cracked my poetic knuckles to try and come up with something appropriate.



Life Dwells On The Tip Of A Teardrop

Life dwells on the tip of a teardrop
a crystal world turned upside down
lashed to the mast, the salty ocean
deep, profound yet - emotionally ambigious
life gives you many masters, many lessons learned
your provenance is a mystery, which is it?!
compassion, hurt, laughter, or grief - or the grit
that creates a pearl? a sacrificial seep
suspended in tension, like the hanged man
like an inverted balloon, fighting gravity's pull
procrastination before the inevitable fall
life dwells on the tip of a teardrop
for a moment, then is no more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jod{i} said...

Oh Ian, it is wonderful! THank you for the bit of a nod...I posted it for this reason alone, the verse came to me and for a lack of time to write, I thought others could do justice!!!!

Peace
Jodi

Wednesday, 21 June, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

i'm glad you like it. I'm still unsure about my poetic efforts - I'm awaiting some books on the subject of writing poetry and hopefully these will help me along. :o)

Thursday, 22 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home