-->

Monday, July 03, 2006

one deep breath prompt

This week's haiku prompt at one deep breath is journey. Though I don't do enough rail journeys, I often associate the idea of a journey with trains - the great age of the train! Why have we abandoned this glorious scheme for so many mean little tin boxes? (Another story). I relish long train journeys. There's nothing like just sitting back, half-mesmerised by the clickety-clack, watching little mayfly worlds come and go, passing by your personal window.

In addition is the optional submission of a Haiga. A haiga is a painting in the spirit of the haiku, and which compliments the haiku. I adore traditional Japanese brushwork; clear, clean and ordered it's as if every stroke is purposeful, economic not wasteful or superfluous, great discipline. Though I've heard it's easier to admire those things in others we don't possess ourselves. ;o)

Anyway, I love the idea of Haiga so I'm having a go.


2 Comments:

Blogger sandra said...

beautiful haigu Ian...is that yours?

Wednesday, 05 July, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

it is mine! :o)

Wednesday, 05 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home