-->

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

poetsday

the minutiae of Life & the two-minute poem;

the draft

the draft of a suicide note lay
amongst the aftermath of breakfast
a half-consumed body of man
the sacrificial lamb hanging
ominous from the beam
the coffee has become quite cold now
collecting my belongings I turn
taking one last look while
heading for the door

*

right to the top of the tree

no one need stand on the tips of their toes
to see over the intellect of tony mcgee
while tony would prove one and one made three
but a shortage of men made him CEO
and it's not what you know, nor who you know
but how you go - and so tony went
right to the top of the tree.

*

(dedicated to old bosses and their disgruntled employees everywhere)

2 Comments:

Blogger claireylove said...

this is reminding me of the 'news' story this week of a pumpkin with a long winding vine, found grown huge at the top of a tree.
funny how the mind works, eh?

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

yes, I heard about that too but there is no connection, I've had these persons in my sights long time. ;o)

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home