-->

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

two-minute poetry

there is a point to all actions (the pencil sharpener's song)

I sharpen my pencil for a poem
(now why do I do that?!)
there is a point to every action
whether we see it or not
the unconscious mind is still
the mind we possess; though we may
not realise, it functions with
the same IQ nevertheless.

while the duller blades waver
a keen edge cuts cleanly and true
etching sentiments into the new
paper, not in sand but stone
as erasing that first notion
isn't an option to condone
to sharpen the pencil before the first word
knows instinct to be the finest of swords

5 Comments:

Blogger gautami tripathy said...

With this you sharpened my brain. I like such thoughtful poetry.

Friday, 24 November, 2006  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

erasing that first notion
isn't an option to condone


Thought-provoking indeed. Makes me reflect on the process I go through when I write. ^_^

Thank you. Cheers.

Monday, 27 November, 2006  
Blogger michelle said...

"to sharpen the pencil before the first word
knows instinct to be the finest of swords "

i smile and nod.

Monday, 27 November, 2006  
Blogger Ian russell said...

thanks! :o)

something
very bad happened -
my pencil is missing
and this cinquian cannot describe
my loss.

Monday, 27 November, 2006  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Hi, i wandered into our space and I like your introspective and thoughtful style of writing. I have some haiku on my space too and love poetry. Good luck with your blog.

Friday, 27 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home